Friday 19 June 2009

2009-10 Season Preview

Around a three week break now until the pre-season friendlies begin and this blog kicking off. I intend to make my blog entries similar to the Meadow March On entry, before that I was just giving myself a wee taster of attempting to do a blog, and I've quite enjoyed it so will do my best to keep it going as next season progresses. I'll also attempt to add my own photos.

The cup draws have been made, and the league fixtures announced, I know that my first trip to Annan Athletic's Galabank Stadium will be on Saturday 25th July as Queen's visit in the first round of the Challenge Cup. Boxing Day will bring about my Station Park début, weather permitting of course. I'll be jetting off to Oslo for Scotland's World Cup qualifier against Norway, sadly poor trip planning means I miss a jaunt to Elgin.

I'll be mainly attending Queen's Park games, but will hopefully get to a mix of friendlies and a bunch of junior games also. Some interesting friendlies are being arranged with Ayr United playing hosts to Romanian champions Unirea Urziceni and Queen's playing Fleetwood Town in Largs.

4 comments:

  1. There's a Fleetwood Town fan who has been coming along to some junior games recently and has sent me some pics to use on the blog. I was going to head along to the friendly against Queens with a couple of mates but have since realised that it's the same weekend I'm at 'T in The Park':(

    ReplyDelete
  2. codofthenorth I assume. I noticed his photos on the Meadow and Pollok forums, really good action shots. He posted on the QP forum asking about that friendly, hopefully he'll take photos at that also.

    Seen your reply about the chances of a midweek cup game at Meadow Park, I'll give you a shout if I can make it along. Hopefully I will, judging by pictures Meadow Park looks a very tidy junior ground.

    Enjoy T in the Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Kenzie it was codofthenorth. Seems a really decent guy who just loves his football. He travelled up just for the Blantyre v Medda game the other week. That's dedication. I'm sure if he takes photos he'll let you use them on the blog. The fixtures for the start of the season were announced last night. As soon as I get them confirmed I'll let you know of any midweek ones. Meadow Park is one of the smartest junior grounds with most likely the best playing surface in the junior game.
    I'll give you a shout about fixtures asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mighty Meadow.

    I've been trying to assemble a list of friendlies and the opening fixtures to attend. I was going to say that Saturday 22nd August would be perfect as the QP game is on the Sunday that weekend but I see your match is likely to be changed for that date. Should be able to make the Marymass match if it's Friday (not sure if your at home or not?), if not a midweek Sectional League Cup match. Nothings ever straight forward in the junior game, I'm sure your used to it though.

    ReplyDelete